Title Sequence Clips
Title Sequence Clips: All the movie trailers we watched had different or close to the same initial impressions of the impact of the opening sequences of the opening sequences of the film and the role these scenes play in developing the interest of the developing the interest of the audience, foreshadowing what is to come, and understanding of characters and/or plot. For example, In Jaws the beginning starts out with the scary music and the watcher starts to think something is about to pop up and scary you. But then it cuts to people on the beach having fun. Which I felt was very interesting, but if I were to do a movie trailer like this, I would not do that. I feel like in that time you stop the scary action and loose the scary on the edge of your seat feeling. I feel like you waste time in the trailer and when the person in the ocean is attacked it feels expected. Also, in Pulp Fiction, I like how in such a short time they show how a lot of characteristics of the people in the booth in the dinner is shown. Then when they both stand up and they start to rob the dinner. I thought it was a great writing, had a good flow throughout the scene, and foreshadowed to what these characters are going to do during the movie and the journey they will go on. Then in Lion King’s trailer, when the intro music comes on it makes the viewer get into the mood for this movie and brings a smile to their face. Also, when all the animals start to surround the lion and then the chimpanzee holds up the baby lion. It showed that we were going to go on an adventure about his life in this movie and I liked how Disney was able to show that. Also, in the Scream trailer, I like how the viewer knows that the person watching know that the person on the phone is the villain. Also, they did a great job at keeping the viewer on the edge of their seat, even I want to know what happens next. It makes you to keep watching more and it foreshadows that this movie will be about catching the guy on the phone. In David and Confused trailer, the music in the beginning really fit the style the movie was going for, it is always great when a trailer’s music fit the scenes and make you feel like you are in the movie. Also, when it showed all the different groups of people in school, which foreshadowed it was somehow going to revolve around that and the last day of school aspect. I thought all in all this trailer was very good for what it was trying to accomplish. Lastly, this is my opinion on how each trailer we watched in class and how much it impacted the interest I had to watch the movie.
Now let's take a deep dive into the Article "First Frames: titles in the digital realm" and see what main key points of a great film is. In the article, “First frames: titles in the digit realm”, the author says, “Film titles are very important because they set up the expectations of an audience.” When the author said this, I really understood what they meant. To me if a movie has a great fitting title it can push the movie to be that much better. Also, in “First frames: titles in the digit realm” the author states, “Title's design in film is arguably set to become an acclaimed aspect of the film going experience.” When a title has an amazing design, it can portray what the movie is about just by looking at it which can help the experience of a movie in opinion. Lastly, after watching and reading the chosen sources selecting a film as my portfolio project based on everything we have done in class, seems like it would be fun to do. But also, very difficult but a fun challenge to consider.
Comments
Post a Comment